Bhopal Employee News: In Bhopal, the capital of Madhya Pradesh, many essential services including water, cleaning, fire will not stop on Monday, December 12, Corporation employees have announced to call off the strike. Consensus has been reached on five demands including regularization and compassionate appointment in the municipal administration and employees. The same corporation administration has sought reports from all the departments regarding the vacant posts in the next 10 days.
In fact, on December 12, Bhopal Municipal Corporation employees laid siege to the corporation office at ISBT and announced the agitation. Their demand was that if 13000 employees were not regularised, they would start an indefinite strike from December 12. Neither they will clean nor supply water. Will lockout from fire to ward-zone offices. After the warning of the employees, the officers and public representatives met the office bearers of the organization and finally a day before the strike, both the parties have agreed on the demands.
Promotion orders will be issued soon
According to the information received, regulated employees will be recruited on 318 vacant posts of sweepers and seniority list will be released. The employees who will retire in March will be given compassionate appointment on their posts. The last installment of the seventh pay scale will be paid by March. The same 29 days daily wage employees will be regularized on contractual posts. For this, a proposal will be made in the meeting of the MIC and the council. Orders for promotion will be issued to the regular employees who have completed 10 years, etc. demands have been agreed upon.
Release of seniority list of employees for vacant posts
After meeting the employee leaders, the seniority list of 1273 regulated employees has been issued for the vacant posts in the Municipal Corporation. These lists will be pasted in ward and zone offices including municipal corporation headquarters. Along with this, the corporator has directed the heads of the departments to submit objections regarding the regulated employees within 10 days.
These were the main demands
- Regular daily wage workers of Municipal Corporation working for years.
- Appointment of permanent regulated employees of the corporation on regular pay scale keeping in view the educational qualification as per the court order, government order, council resolution.
- Yoga to regular employees and promotion to eligible class III and IV employees.
- Compassionate appointment should be given to the dependent without any delay in case of death of regular officer-employees.
- On the death of a permanent daily wage worker, approval to keep a dependent on a daily wage worker under a special case on humanitarian grounds.
- The last installment of the seventh salary should be paid soon.