Sanchi Solar City : Another new page is going to be added in the history of Madhya Pradesh. The world-renowned Sanchi Solar City is about to be built, under which 7.3 MW of electricity will be generated from solar energy. Solar rooftop public-awareness camps will be organized through nodal agencies from December 12 to 18.
In fact, Sanchi, a small town located in Raisen district, which is world famous for stupas and Buddhist pilgrimage site, will soon be known as the country’s first solar city. 7.3 MW of electricity will be generated from solar energy in Sanchi. With this, apart from self-reliance in power supply, solar energy will ensure that Sanchi’s power requirements for the next five years will be met.
With the formation of Solar City, Sanchi’s electricity requirement will be met with solar energy. Along with this, solar street lights, garden lights, stud lights, high-mast lights, solar drinking water kiosks, battery operated e-rickshaws for public transport, charging stations, renewable energy based plants, wind turbines and piezo electric generators will be installed. In this sequence, with the objective of promoting green energy in Sanchi and motivating the general public to install solar rooftops, Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitran Company will organize public awareness camps through solar rooftop nodal agencies in Sanchi from 12 to 18 December.
Camp will be held from 12 to 18 December
In the camp, the benefits of installing solar and the process of installing solar rooftop will be explained. Sanchi on 12 December Hedgewar Colony, Sanchi Town (Sanchi Stupa) Busstand, 13 December Sanchi Town, Near Primary Health Center, Near Railway Station, Hedgewar Colony, Bus Stand, 14 December Hedgewar Colony, Sanchi Town, 15 December Solar mass awareness camps will be organized at Sanchi Town, Tehsil Office, Hedgewar Colony, Hedgewar Colony on December 17 and Sanchi Stupa on December 18.
Solar Rooftop: Benefits at a Glance
- Install solar panels on the roof/enclosed open space of your house/group housing society and save on electricity.
- Solar panels will provide electricity for 25 years and the cost of installation will be paid back in 4-5 years. After this, the benefit of electricity from solar will continue for the next 20 years.
- This will reduce the carbon footprint and benefit the environment.
- About 100 square feet of space will be required for a solar power panel of one kilowatt capacity.
- The central government will provide 40 percent subsidy on solar plants up to 3 KW and 20 percent subsidy after 3 KW up to 10 KW.
cost of setting up a solar plant
- Group housing societies will get 20 percent subsidy up to 500 KW (10 KW per house) on connection with common facility.
- For information about authorized agency, technical details, subsidy and amount to be paid by the company, the nearest office of the Central Region Power Distribution Company, the company’s website portal.mpcz.in Available on the main page of
- Along with this, toll free number 1912 can be contacted.