MP Weather Update Today : From the new year, the effect of severe cold and fog will be visible in the state. A new system will be activated on December 29, which will be in effect till December 31. There is a possibility of change in minimum temperature during next 24 hours followed by increase of 2-3 degree Celsius. From the new year, day and night temperatures will start falling again and the cold will increase.
According to the MP Weather Today, on Thursday, December 29, a Western Disturbance will enter North India, which may increase the temperature. There will be another change in the weather during the next 48 hours. On December 30, there may be clouds in some areas of the state including Bhopal and Indore. There is a possibility of increase in temperature-fog on 30-31 December. During the next 24 hours, an alert has been issued regarding fog in Bhind, Morena, Sheopur Kalan, Shivpuri, Gwalior and Datia along with Gwalior-Chambal, Bundelkhand and Baghelkhand. Fog will be seen in the districts of Damoh, Sagar, Chhatarpur, Tikamgarh and Niwari.
According to the MP Meteorological Department, today, on December 28 and 29, due to the continuation of the northern wind, there is a possibility of severe cold and dense fog in the Gwalior-Chambal division during the day and night. Changes in temperature will also be seen. As the weather system progresses in Gwalior, when the upper part of the air turns into a cyclone, there will be a rapid drop in the temperature due to snowfall with rain in the hilly areas and severe cold will start in the entire state including Jabalpur-Bhopal. After the departure of the Western Disturbance, the mercury will fall again rapidly and the cold will increase in the new year, the effect of cold wave will also be seen in many districts.
What does the Meteorological Department say
- According to the Madhya Pradesh Meteorological Department (MP Weather update), at present there is no effective weather system active in North India, but a Western Disturbance is formed around Afghanistan, on its further progress, the upper part of the air will convert into a cyclone. It is likely to occur. Due to its effect, there will be snowfall and rain on the mountains of North India on Thursday and when the Western Disturbance moves ahead from North India, it will start getting cold.
- The Western Disturbance in the form of a cyclonic circulation in the lower and middle tropospheric westerly winds lies over Afghanistan and adjoining areas. After moving east-northwest the depression over southwest Bay of Bengal is likely to move slowly to form a loop or move west-southwestwards towards Comorin area in Sri Lanka during next 48 hours .
condition of last 24 hours
- The minimum temperature in Bhopal city was recorded at 12.2 degree Celsius. It was 0.7 degree Celsius higher than Monday’s minimum temperature of 11.5 degree Celsius.
- The minimum temperature in Nagaon and Datia settled below 5 degrees Celsius.
- The minimum temperature went below 10 degree Celsius in Dhar, Guna, Gwalior, Raisen, Rajgarh, Ratlam, Khajuraho, Rewa and Sagar.
- In Chhindwara, Mandla, Sidhi and Betul only, the day temperature remained above 25 degree Celsius. In the rest of the state, it has come between 25 to 20 degree Celsius.
- In Jabalpur, the maximum temperature was recorded at 24.4 degrees, about one degree less than 25.3 degrees Celsius. The minimum temperature remained stable at 12.8 degrees.