7th pay commission Employees HRA Payment Rule: New orders have been issued regarding HRA payment to central government employees. Rules have been set by the Ministry of Finance and the Department of Public Enterprises regarding HRA payment when employees stay in guest houses. Which will be mandatory to follow.
Rent to Board level and below Board level executives, non-unionized supervisors and CVOs of CPSEs during their temporary stay (up to a maximum period of six months) in guest houses run by the CPSE/Central Government, State Government/Autonomous organization etc. Reimbursement/payment of HRA will be as per this rule.
The order states that a reference has been received from the CVC that certain Board level and below Board level officers, non-unionized supervisors and CVOs of CPSEs are entitled to subsidized room rents run by CPSEs/Central Government/State Governments/Autonomous organizations etc. staying in guest houses by paying charges of Rs.
The following conditions will be applicable for reimbursement of rent amount
The matter has been considered in this Department. It has been decided that Board level and below Board level executives, non-unionised supervisors and CVOs of CPSEs are required to change their residence on their appointment/transfer/posting to a new station, if they are temporarily in the State. Live in buildings/guest houses/departmental. The amount of rent paid to guest houses run by CPSEs/Central Government/State Government/Autonomous organizations etc. can be reimbursed subject to fulfillment of the following conditions:-
- The officer has applied for accommodation of his entitlement but residential accommodation has not been allotted by the concerned CPSE.
- The Guest House concerned should be located at the place of posting of the officer.
- The officer should be staying in Guest Houses run by CPSE/Central Government/State Government/Autonomous organization and should submit rent receipts in support of payment of rent.
- Reimbursement of rent will be admissible up to a maximum period of six months.
- No House Rent Allowance (HRA) will be admissible during this period.
These orders will be effective from the date of issue.
This is issued with the approval of the Competent Authority.
All Administrative Ministries/Departments of Government of India are requested to bring the above to the notice of the CPSEs under their administrative control for compliance.