IMD Alert, Today’s Weather: Cyclone Mandus has increased the troubles of many states. Red Orange alert of heavy rain has been issued in 10 states. Strong winds will blow in 12 states, along with this a warning of thunder has also been issued in three states. The knock of shivering cold has started in North India. Gusts of cold wind are troubling people. The period of heavy drop in temperature continues. In Haryana, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh and Bihar including the capital Delhi, the weather is covered with fog and mist.
There is an increase in snowfall on the mountains. Heavy rain alert was also issued in many areas of Tamil Nadu, Rayalaseema, South India. According to the Meteorological Department, there will be a further drop in the temperature of the capital Delhi in the coming days. The effect of the cold wind coming from the hill states is also being seen on Haryana Punjab including the capital Delhi.
A forecast has been issued for the minimum temperature of 8 degree Celsius and the maximum temperature of 25 degree on December 8 in the capital Delhi. There will be light fog, the air has been recorded poisonous due to pollution. According to the Meteorological Department, the effect of the cyclonic storm will be visible in Chennai till December 10.
- Cyclone Mandus has intensified with the formation of a low pressure depression in the Bay of Bengal turning into a depression. A red alert has been issued for heavy rains in Andhra Pradesh including North Tamil Nadu Pondicherry on Thursday. According to the Meteorological Department, it will see a boom from the evening of 8 December. Due to which heavy rains will be seen in North Tamil Nadu Puducherry including South West Empty.
- Apart from this, the India Meteorological Department has issued a forecast of rain in some districts of South Odisha till the end of the week. Some districts of South Odisha or one or two places will see moderate rains around December 12.
impact of cyclone mandus
The area of medicine made in the Bay of Bengal has taken the form of a cyclone. The threat of Cyclone Mandus continues to persist. Rain alert has been issued in many states. The danger is increasing. Heavy rain warnings have been issued in eight states. Red alert has been declared in 13 districts of Tamil Nadu. An alert has also been issued for fishermen. The rains will continue to wreak havoc in the southern state till December 12.
Red alert for about 13 districts of Tamil Nadu
IMD has issued red alert for about 13 districts of Tamil Nadu. These districts are – Villupuram, Chengalpattu, Cuddalore, Kancheepuram, Tiruvallur, Ariyalur, Perambalur, Chennai, Kallakurichi, Mayiladuthurai, Thanjavur, Tiruvarur and Nagapattinam, Following the red alert issued by the government in the wake of the cyclone, a team of National Disaster Response Force, NDRF has also been already posted in Thanjavur.
Heavy drop in temperature in UP, severe cold
Winter has intensified in Purvanchal. Severe cold is expected in all the districts of Gorakhpur and Purvanchal. After December 10, the process of drop in temperature will start. The same atmospheric condition is prevailing every moment. Due to the formation of western disturbance in the northwest, the temperature continues to fall in Bihar and Uttar Pradesh by the Meteorological Department since December 8.
Alert of rain and thunder in these areas
- Scattered thundershowers may occur over Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Heavy to very heavy rainfall very likely at isolated places over North Interior Tamil Nadu and Rayalaseema.
- Heavy to very heavy rainfall with extremely heavy falls at isolated places very likely over North Coastal Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and South Coastal Andhra Pradesh.
- There may be fog in the morning in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.
- Dense fog is likely in isolated areas of Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Punjab and Haryana
- Air quality is likely to deteriorate across the subcontinent and hazardous air pollution is possible in North India
- Since yesterday, the deep pressure area has intensified into Cyclonic Storm “MANDAS” over southwest Bay of Bengal
- It has moved towards west-northwest.
- As of this morning (December 8), it lay centered over southwest Bay of Bengal, about 330 km east-northeast of Trincomalee (Sri Lanka), 500 km east-southeast of Karaikal and about 500 km south-southeast of Chennai.
- It is very likely to move west-northwestwards and cross north Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and adjoining south Andhra Pradesh coasts around midnight of 9th December.
- The IMD has predicted widespread light to moderate rainfall with heavy to very heavy falls at isolated places over Coastal Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, and Karaikal and heavy rainfall over adjoining areas of South Coastal Andhra Pradesh and Rayalaseema on 8 December. has been predicted.
- In addition, light to moderate rain would occur over most places
- Heavy to very heavy rainfall at a few places with extremely heavy falls at isolated places very likely on 08
- On December 9, it is possible over North Coastal Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and South Coastal Andhra Pradesh.
- Very heavy rainfall is possible over North Interior Tamil Nadu and Rayalaseema on 10th December.
Increased cold in Rajasthan Gujarat
Where there will be sunshine in the day in Punjab including Rajasthan Gujarat. There will be a drop in morning and evening temperatures. Fog and mist will increase the chill in the weather. A forecast of dry weather has been issued for two days. After this, there will be a sudden drop in the temperature. The effect of a new system being built in Jammu and Kashmir will also be seen on Rajasthan, Gujarat and Punjab. Bikaner recorded a minimum temperature of 9 degree Celsius while Pilani recorded a minimum temperature of 5 degree Celsius.
Effect of westerly wind in Bihar, Kankani will increase
Due to westerly wind and north westerly wind, winter has intensified in Patna and surrounding areas. The feeling of cold has started increasing. The wind is blowing from the west and north-west at a height of 1.5 km from the surface. Because of which people are feeling cool even when it is sunny. According to the forecast issued by the Meteorological Department, the night temperature will see a further drop. The minimum temperature in Patna has reached 11 degree Celsius. In Gaya, the temperature dropped to 7 degree Celsius. The minimum temperature in Bhagalpur has reached 10 degree Celsius.
Rain including snowfall in hill state
Western Disturbance is active in Jammu and Kashmir including Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand. Due to which the process of snowfall started. Along with this, light rain is also being seen in these areas. Due to Western Disturbance, light to moderate rain and snowfall has been issued in Himachal Pradesh to Jammu and Kashmir Ladakh from December 8 to 12, while Uttarakhand has also been forecasted to rain with heavy snowfall.
Heavy drop in temperature in these states
According to the Meteorological Department, the minimum temperature in Srinagar has been recorded in minus, Ahmedabad has recorded a minimum temperature of 17 degree Celsius, Chandigarh has recorded a minimum temperature of 11 degree Celsius, while talking about Dehradun, the mercury has reached minus 10 in Jaipur. Degree Celsius, Shimla has also seen a huge drop in temperature, the minimum temperature has reached 7 degrees. The minimum temperature in Jammu is 7 degree Celsius while the minimum temperature in Mumbai is 22 degree Celsius. Leh Ladakh recorded a minimum temperature of -8 which is 11 degree Celsius in Patna.