IMD Alert: The Meteorological Department has issued a red orange alert for heavy rain in 10 states. Light to heavy rain has been predicted in 6 states. Due to continuous cold air in Delhi NCR, the cold is increasing. Although the level of pollution in the air here is very deep. Apart from this, warnings have been issued for cold wave in many states of North India. The temperature will continue to drop due to fog. There is a continuous drop of three to four percent in the day temperature. In Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand and Bengal, the day is being experienced as dusk due to the fog in the midst of sunlight.
red alert in tamilnadu
The possibility of turning the low pressure area into a depression has intensified in the Bay of Bengal. Due to the impact of the cyclone, a forecast of heavy rain has been issued in Tamil Nadu. Red alert has been declared in 9 districts. NDRF team has been deployed. At the same time, moment by moment updates are being taken by the state government.
The districts where red and orange alert have been declared. It has issued a red alert for heavy rains on December 8 in Tiruvallur, Chennai, Kancheepuram, Chengalpattu, Villupuram, Kallakurichi, Cuddalore, Ariyalur, Perambalur, Mayiladuthurai, Thanjavur, Tiruvarur and Nagapattinam. Apart from this, Orange Alert has been issued to Tiruvallur, Chennai, Kanchipuram, Chengalpattu, Villupuram, Tiruvannamalai, Ranipet, Vellore, Tirupattur, Krishnagiri, Dharmapuri and Salem on 9 December.
Apart from this, continuous drop in day and night temperature is being seen in many places including Delhi NCR to Uttar Pradesh Bihar, Jharkhand, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Jammu and Kashmir. Snowfall and rain has intensified in the mountains. Due to snowfall on the mountain peaks of Jammu and Kashmir including Himachal Uttarakhand, the effect of cold has started appearing in North India. Dense fog is covering many areas.
Talking about the weather system, there is a possibility of rain and snowfall in Kashmir and Himachal due to Western Disturbance. At the same time, by the end of this week, there will be a rapid change in the weather in Delhi, it has been predicted that the temperature will decrease to 6 degree Celsius.
threat of cyclone mendus
Due to the low pressure created in the Bay of Bengal, an alert has been issued for cyclonic storm and rain measles. The danger of cyclonic storm Mendus is continuously increasing. Due to which red alert has been issued in 13 districts of Tamil Nadu. A warning has been issued to fishermen to stay away from the sea. Coastal Andhra Pradesh would also see an increase in rain activity. The rains will continue in the areas till December 12. Apart from this, from December 8 to December 10, the situation is likely to worsen along the coast of Sri Lanka, Tamil Nadu, south coastal region of Andhra Pradesh including Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Minimum temperature drops in Delhi
The country’s capital has seen a drop in the minimum temperature since the last 2 days. The minimum temperature has decreased to 8 degree Celsius. The sky is clear during the day, while in the evening there is a shadow of fog and mist.
Light fog in Lucknow
Lucknow, the capital of Uttar Pradesh, has seen a huge drop in the minimum temperature. The minimum temperature fell to 11 degree Celsius. And the maximum temperature is 25 degree Celsius. There is light fog in Lucknow. Along with this, a huge drop in temperature is also being seen in Ghaziabad.
rain in these areas
- Scattered thunderstorms are likely over Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Heavy rain very likely at isolated places over South Coastal Andhra Pradesh.
- Thunderstorm accompanied with lightning very likely at isolated places over Coastal Andhra Pradesh, Yanam, Rayalaseema, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, Karaikal, Kerala and Mahe.
- Heavy to very heavy rainfall very likely at isolated places over North Coastal Tamil Nadu, Puducherry.
- There may be fog in the morning in Bihar and Uttar Pradesh.
- The depression over southeast Bay of Bengal has moved west-northwestwards and into a deep depression.
- It was centered about 770 km east-southeast of Karaikal and about 830 km southeast of Chennai, adjoining the southeast and southwest Bay of Bengal.
- It is very likely to move west-northwestwards and gradually intensify into a Cyclonic Storm (CS) around December 7 evening.
- It is expected to reach north Tamil Nadu-Puducherry and adjoining south Andhra coast up to southwest Bay of Bengal in the morning of 8 December. ,
- It will continue to move northwestwards towards north Tamil Nadu-Puducherry and south Andhra coasts during next 48 hours.
- Light to moderate rain with heavy to very heavy falls very likely over Coastal Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, Karaikal and adjoining areas of South Coastal Andhra Pradesh on 8th December.
Drizzle in Kashmir
People are getting some relief from the cold wave conditions in the hilly states including Kashmir. The mercury in the valley is still below minus. There is a possibility of light rain and drizzle in Kashmir and surrounding areas till the end of this week. Due to the active Western Disturbance, light drizzle can be seen in Baramulla and Gulmarg.
Cold wave in Haryana, Punjab, Rajasthan and Gujarat
Rapid change in weather will be seen in Madhya Pradesh including Haryana, Punjab, Rajasthan and Gujarat. At present, forecast of dry weather has been issued for two-three days. However, after this, in the second week of December, there will be a drastic drop in the temperature over these regions. Along with this, a forecast of cold wave has been issued with the knock of mist and fog.
Temperature dropped in these states
Talking about other states, the minimum temperature in Srinagar reached minus. And the maximum temperature was recorded at 11 degree Celsius. The minimum temperature in Ahmedabad reached 15 degree Celsius. The cold has increased in Bhopal as well. The minimum temperature has dropped to 12 degree Celsius while Chandigarh recorded a minimum temperature of 10 degree Celsius.
Due to the cold wind, the temperature in Dehradun has dropped to 9 degree Celsius, while in the capital Jaipur, the temperature has also reached 10 degree Celsius. Shimla is witnessing a drastic drop in temperature due to snowfall. The minimum temperature settled at 7 degree Celsius while the mercury in Jammu too touched 7 degree Celsius. Patna recorded a minimum temperature of 12 degree Celsius while Leh in Ladakh recorded minus one. The maximum temperature is said to be 5 degree Celsius.