Pensioners Pension : There is important information for the pensioners and family pensioners of the country. Actually the scheme has been changed under the FMA scheme. In which one time option has been provided to the pensioners to change the option for FMA or OPD without the link of change of residence. On which guidelines have been issued by the department. Employees will get the benefit of FMA and OPD only under the following of these guidelines.
will get option
In view of the Board’s letter and PBC, it has been decided to provide one time option to the pensioners and family pensioners to opt for FMA or OPD without any change of residence linked to it.
A similar option was made available earlier as well, at that time allowing FMA automatically by banks, without the approval of the Railways. As a result of which there has been some problem in issuing UMID cards to the employees regarding their eligibility for OPD.
Issued the following guidelines
- The option forms circulated vide PBC No. 239/2022 dated 10.11.2022 should be submitted by the pensioner or family pensioner to the Personnel Branch of the concerned Division/Workshop/Units.
- On its submission, an approval memorandum will have to be issued after obtaining the approval of the competent authority.
- Only FMA or OPD can be claimed on the basis of sanction memo.
- This should be ensured by the Accounts Department in each individual case by issuing an authorization letter to the banks concerned. A copy of which should be duly endorsed to the Personnel Branch (UL-3).
- No bank should be allowed to disburse FMA directly on its own as the change of option has an impact on the UMID card issued.
- A copy of the acceptance memo issued should be endorsed to the dealer or inspector to whom the UMID card (UL-3) relates.
- Based on that the Dealing Clerk or Inspector who deals with the UMID card should make necessary changes to issue the revised UMID card
- It shall be mandatory to indicate whether the pensioner is eligible for FMA or otherwise as per the revised option.