Pension News: The Haryana government has taken a big decision in the interest of cancer victims. The state government has decided to start a monthly pension of Rs 2500 for stage-3 and 4 cancer victims on the lines of Tripura. This will put an additional financial burden of more than Rs 68 crore 42 lakh on the state exchequer.
In fact, the Haryana government has decided to start a monthly pension of Rs 2500 for stage-3 and 4 cancer victims. This scheme will start in the new year and a separate provision of Rs 68 crore 42 lakh will be made in the budget for the scheme. This will help thousands of cancer victims of the state. For this, the government is preparing data of cancer patients earning less than Rs 3 lakh annually.
Tell that till now Tripura is the only state in the country which gives monthly financial assistance of Rs 1000 to stage-3 cancer victims, now Haryana will be the second state to do so. Even before this, the Haryana government had simplified the process of providing financial assistance up to Rs 1 lakh to cancer victims from the Relief Fund and ordered it to be given at the district level, while earlier it was approved by the Chief Minister’s Office.
CM had announced
In the past months, CM Manohar Lal Khattar had announced that patients suffering from stage 3 and 4 cancer, thalassemia and hemophilia would be given 2500 monthly pension. For cancer patients admitted in the same hospital, the expenditure up to Rs 5 lakh will be borne by the state government. Cancer treatment will be made free under the Ayushman Bharat scheme, under which the state government will bear the cost of treatment up to Rs 5 lakh.
these will be the rules
- Its benefit will be given to those patients whose annual family income is up to Rs 3 lakh.
- The pension of these pensioners will be sent directly to their bank accounts through the Public Financial Management System (PFMS).
- The facts of annual income shown in the family identity card will be matched for giving benefits.
- Documents verified by the committee of Civil Surgeon Office will have to be uploaded through Saral Kendra.
- The applicant will have to bring Ration Card, Voter Card, PAN Card, Passport, Bank Passbook, Telephone, Water, Electricity or other utility bills with home address or land record documents, family identity card to Saral Center .
- ASHA worker, ANM will verify the survival certificate of the patient which will be countersigned by the health department officials. After this the pension will start.